Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find the iphone backups?

Where does itunes store backups from my iphone? I want to make an extra copy somewhere else incase my computer should crash.

Im using windows.

I read somewhere that they are stored in c:\users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

Is that accurate? All thats there is a couple of folders with ridiculously long names like 5e696f1ad14e411680c85415db7d8e6b8ab348273 and inside there are a bunch of small files with similar garbage names. Are these the backups? I thought the backup was a single file like an .ispw file or something?

Can somebody confirm?

If I want to take this backup and make a copy of it and then use it again (say my computer crashes or I get a new one or whatever) how do I go about it?

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 3:15 AM

5 replies

Jun 19, 2011 3:42 AM in response to bob152

Your backups are stored here:

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

It is an SQLite data base. If you want to copy your iPhone backup, copy the entire folder. Read more here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Jun 19, 2011 3:53 AM in response to wjosten

Im having trouble backing up my iphone 4 in Win7.

I have looked at the folder location but dont have \MobileSync as a folder in \Apple Computer. I only have the following folders

\Cookies

\iphone Carrier Support

\iphone Software updates

\iphone updater logs

\iTunes Plug-ins

and a seperate file

https_se.itunes.apple.com_0.localstorage

Please can someone advise on where my back up is located so I can delete and create a new one.

Thanks in advance

Kev

How to find the iphone backups?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.