7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2011 10:27 AM by timmy toad
timmy toad Level 1 (5 points)

if/when i to my local Apple Store to get an iPhone 4,   i understand they will set it up for me, so it is fully working when i leave the Store, so if/when i present a cut down Sim Card to put in it will the Apple staff object, my phone company doesn't issue Micro Sim Cards for iPhones, so i shall have to cut down my existing card, i have found several sites telling me how to do it, but what would be the reaction of the Apple Staff when they see what i am hoping to put in my new phone, or perhaps they couldn't give a toss, they might only be interested in the SALE.

tim

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2
  • Rudegar Level 7 (25,559 points)

I'd think they will give installing the sim a go and if it don't work they will let you leave with your money

• dankton12 Level 1 (135 points)

What UK network are you with in the UK that does not issue micro-sims?

• timmy toad Level 1 (5 points)

Cheers buddy, very good question that, the point being i have a very good £10 a month (not contract) with Tescos that i wanted to keep going, which is why i fancy a Sim Free iPhone 4 from the Apple Store, of course the Sim card i have is a full size version, but i have NOW been browsing on the Tescos website and i see i could get an iPhone on a 24 month contract for £35 a month plus two or three hundred for the phone on top !, so it does look as if Tescos can supply Micro Sim cards but only on a long contract plus cash up front.

tim

It must surely be worth asking them for a montlhy sim. Nowhere on their website do they say that their sim only plans are not available for the iPhone4.

I would be very surprised if they did not supply a micro sim on the monthly plans. Failing that take a look at Vodafone, I have a sim on a monthly contract, 300 mins / unlimited texts and 500MB for £10 a month. Although I think that there has been alight price increase since I switched to that plan a month ago.

cheers pal,    do you have an unlocked iPhone 4  though ?

Yes, I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 that I purchased from Apple's Brighton store.

I was on a 3Gs and when I swapped it over to the iPhone4 I called into the Vodafone store in the same shopping mall and they gave me a micro-sim onto which they transferred my account details. Apple Genius set the phone up for me in store and within 10 minutes the new sim had been activated and was working before I left the store.

OK pal, that sounds very good, i reckon i could handle that , thanks.

tim