Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

jv1010 rhythm sets

I am using this roland module with Logic Express and have downloaded the environment from the multisets file.

I am OK using the main instruments but when creating a channel 10 track for drums, it appears I can only access one drum patch and cannot seem to get into the others. I try amending the progam bank and patch numbers in the usual way, but the set appears to be the same.

The manaul section on this says;

"When changing a rhythm set, set the transmit channel of the external MIDI

device and the receive channel of part 10 of the performance on the JV-1010

to the same channel, then transmit the Bank Select and Program Change

messages.

1 Press the VALUE knob and choose the Performance mode

(PERFORM) or the Rhythm Set mode (RHYTHM).

Pressing the VALUE knob makes the mode change sequentially. Press the

knob several times until the PERFORM or RHYTHM indicator lights up.

2 Set the transmit channel on the external MIDI device to 10.

For information on how to make the settings, refer to the owner’s manual

for the MIDI keyboard (the transmitting instrument).

3 Transmit a Bank Select MSB (Controller Number 0) value

(refer to the following table) from the external MIDI device to

the JV-1010.

4 Transmit a Bank Select LSB (Controller Number 32) value

(refer to the following table) from the external MIDI device to

the JV-1010"

5 Transmit a Program Change message from the external MIDI

device to the JV-1010 (refer to the following table).

Now, I have inserted one external instrument track, and set it to channel 10. When I play the keyboard, I get this one set of drums. When I amend the bank and program numbers on the left hand side, I still only get this one set.

The next section gives the MSB and LSB values in a table. For exampl, it says to access the 8 session drum kits, transmit MSB 24 and LSB 0, and then a program change message with a program value of 1-8.

I cannot find anyway to do this. When I go into the Lists menu at the right hand side, and try and insert a program change, it doesn't seem to refer anywhere to MSB and LSB values?

Can anyone please assist? Has anyone used te JV1010 on Logic, and used the downloaded multiset file in the file "Various Multisets 5" and found out how to access the several drumkits?

Thanks.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Mac Mini 1.1 1.66Ghz Intel Core Duo

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 7:55 AM

There are no replies.

jv1010 rhythm sets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.