Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont install error 7

one morning i turned on my computer and went to itunes this appeared....

"C:\Program Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\CoreAudio Toolbox.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Ty installing the programs again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"

then a second box that reads:

"iTunes was not installed correctly. Please re-install iTunes.

Error 7 (Windows error 193)"

ive uninstalled it and re installed it but it keeps popping out please help he ive tried everything i can please i love itunes and i cant survive without MUSIC!!!!!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 9:24 AM

1 reply

Jun 19, 2011 2:54 PM in response to Famous Superstars

"C:\Program Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\CoreAudio Toolbox.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Ty installing the programs again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"

Taken at face value, you're having trouble with an Apple Application Support program file there. (Apple Application Support is where single copies of program files used by multiple different Apple programs are kept.)

Let's try something relatively simple first. Restart the PC. Now head into your Uninstall a program control panel, select "Apple Application Support" and then click "Repair".

If no joy after that, try the more rigorous uninstall/reinstall procedure from the following post:

Re: I recently updated to vista service pack 2 and I updated to itunes 10.2.1 and ever since I did that my itunes won't open any more. Itunes starts but before anything loads a window pops up saying that the prograam has encountered a problem and sh...

itunes wont install error 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.