Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 wifi turns itself off and I cannot turn it back on

Despite my sig it's actually iOS 4.3.3.

Twice now my wifi will turn off and cannot be turned back in. When you move the little slidy thing it goes to on, says on but on the left still says off. Also the box showing available network will not appear nor the option to 'ask to join networks' option. Needless to say the wifi isn't actually working. The only way to get it working again is to power off and back on.

The first time it happened was moments after I left the apple store. I connected to their wifi, left, went into s Starbucks and tried to connect but it was off. The latest time was after staying away from home and upon my return it wouldn't connect to my home network.

I already use a static address so it's not that and our iPad 1 works fine.

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 4.3

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 11:41 AM

4 replies

Jul 2, 2011 12:40 PM in response to Guybrush-Threepwood

I am experiencing exactly the same issues, the only way to get the wifi back on is to completely switch the iPad off and then back on again, basically carry out a hard reset. This is very annoying, how many other people are experiencing this? I'm guessing this is a software issue as once the wifi is on and established it works fine. Have you a fix coming apple?

Jul 2, 2011 4:43 PM in response to paulmcC

Guybrush-Threepwood and Paul-

Be sure the Settings - Airplane Mode is set to OFF.

Rebooting the CPU may solve the problem. However just turning the power off does not reset anything. To reboot, hold both the Sleep and Home buttons several seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" arrow. After the iPad restarts, see if your WiFi has improved.

If rebooting does not help, or you have to repeat the process frequently, there could be a hardware problem with your iPad. The Apple Store Genius should be able to run more thorough diagnostics.

Can you use a static address at Starbucks?

Fred

iPad 2 wifi turns itself off and I cannot turn it back on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.