Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Nook to Airport Extreme Wireless Network

If you are having problems adding your Nook to your Airport network (this can happen if you have security on that network) you need to add the MAC address to your Airport Extreme. To do that first find the MAC address of your Nook (call Nook tech support and they can tell you how to find the address for your particular device).

Next, open your Airport Utility, click on the Extreme icon on the left and then click on Manual setup located at the bottom of the pane.

When you get to the next screen click on the button Access Control located near the top of the pane.

Where it says "Mac Address Access Control" change "Not Enabled" to "Timed Access." Then click on the + sign to add your Nook's MAC address. A dropdown pane will appear. Add the address and then add a description (like "Nook"). Once you do that you will see a day range and time range in the window just below. Change those to "Everyday" and "All Day." Hit "Done" at the bottom.

Once you do that the dropdown will disappear. Then hit "Update" at the bottom of the pane. And that should do it. You should now be able to connect your Nook to your Wifi.

Airport Extreme-OTHER

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 1:06 PM

10 replies

Aug 31, 2011 9:34 AM in response to outtacontext

I bought this Airport Extreme in 11/2006. Is there any way I can tell if it has been updated? I routinely get downloads of software on my computer. You said you got help from BN. I now have my Nook registered and have a number but when I tried to follow your directions, I actually got kicked off the wirless connection, so I removed the Nook # and got back on.

What next?

Oct 16, 2011 6:48 AM in response to outtacontext

I'd like to add one more bit of information. When you first get your Nook (speaking specifically of the Nook 2), there seems to be no way to get your MAC address without first registering. But there's a hidden way to do so. After you first turn it on, before doing anything, press the lower right page button and the Nook button at the bottom simultaneously. You should see a "Device Info" button appear in the upper left corner of the screen. Press that and you will be able to see your MAC address.

Why Barnes and Nobel doesn't make this clear is beyond me. It's like it's an Easter egg.

Sep 18, 2013 7:33 AM in response to outtacontext

I was having problems with non-Apple hardware getting out to the internet after successfull connection. I was also having issues with printer connection over the APE WiFi. By removing the special characters in the SSID that the default setup created and then re-connecting all devices my network is now working as it should. My wife's NOOK HD is now holding the connection fine.

Adding Nook to Airport Extreme Wireless Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.