Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download full size images from iweb

I want to share images via iWeb. Others should be able to download full size files. How do I do this? I can't see any options in iWeb for a new site I'm setting up?

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 3:56 PM

4 replies

Jun 19, 2011 7:19 PM in response to janet_m

Zip the image files, upload them to a folder on your server and create image or text download links.

The method shown on this page is for PDFs but its essentially the same for most file types...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/PDFs.html

You can also link to an enlarged image so that visitors can Control Click it to download...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/Website-Photos/Image-New-Page.html

In this case the iWeb page width needs to be set as wide as the image.

"I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link."

Apr 8, 2015 11:12 AM in response to janet_m

My Web presentation is 'Wielkanoc'.

There is governing Java file at: #/Scripts/Widgets/DetailView/DetailView.js, which, on line 28 is:

targetURL=currentEntry.targetURL();targetURL+=(targetURL.indexOf('?')== ... -1)?'?':'&';targetURL+='disposition=download';!

//

in my case the targetURL sounds:

'.../Wielkanoc/N.Palmowa_files/Media/DSC_0021-1/DSC_0021-1.jpg?disposition=download'

which needs to be manipulated in order to point the large photo, in my case at #/, for instance:

targetURLoad='.../Wielkanoc/DSC_0021-1.jpg?disposition=download'

in order to apply in line 35, that is

window.location.href=targetURLoad;},toggleThumbnails:function()

(instead of existing targetURL).

Now, click on 'download' opens large photo instead of that placed in the fole Media/...

Till now, I couldnt do this change using Java regular expression - perhaps somebody can do that ... but I hope my comment may help.

download full size images from iweb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.