Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where's the "play" button?. I need to shuffle my slideshow!!

There used to be a play button next to the add album button in iPhoto 5. This allowed me to play a slideshow of the library and have the images shuffle. Now that button is gone in iPhoto 6 and I still don't see anyway to shuffle a slideshow so it plays images randomly. Is there ANY WAY to play back a slide show randomly??? I have over 16,000 images in my library and I need to play them randomly or I will never see the images near the end!

G5 Dual 2.0, 15 PowerBook, mini, and G5 Dual 1.8, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Jan 12, 2006 6:27 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2006 9:05 PM in response to Jack Slice

Okay, now I am feeling really dumb here--I cannot find the Shuffle button. I have my iPhoto window maximized, I am looking at the slideshow toolbar at the bottom of the screen and see the Play button to the left side and the Music button at the right. I clicked Settings (below the icon that looks like a gear), and I do not see anything about Shuffle or playing the pictures in random order. What am I missing??

Jan 13, 2006 9:41 PM in response to Jack Slice

Okay, I finally figured out where you were talking about. When you are in the Library or Album window and click the Play button at the right of the toolbar, you get slideshow settings that include an option to shuffle the pictures. However, if you click the Slideshow button to create a slideshow from a group of pictures, Album, etc., the Settings button in the Slideshow toolbar does not have an option for shuffling the pictures. The pictures play in the order they are shown in the top row where it shows the thumbnails. If you want to change the order, you have to reorder the thumbnails.

Where's the "play" button?. I need to shuffle my slideshow!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.