6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2011 8:40 AM by pionata
55plus Level 1 (10 points)

I am mouse entering triplets in a long region and need to have dots on al of them. I RTFM but came up with nothing that resembles a shortcut.I would like to drag a dot from the palette and put it on the first note of the first triplet and then have a way to apply this dot to all the following notes-Possible?

• chorleyman Level 4 (1,420 points)

Hello again.

I've no reason to use the Score Editor myself for what I'm doing, so don't get your hopes up!

I would like to drag a dot from the palette and put it on the first note of the first triplet and then have a way to apply this dot to all the following notes

But as a musician, I don't get what that means - usually, triplets are three notes played evenly over the space of one beat (or more beats or even subdivisions of the beat in theory) - just from my own memory, a lot of Debussy's piano music shows sets of 11, 17, 25, whatever number of notes to be played evenly within a certain number of beats/crotchets/semiquavers etc.

Is that what you mean ?

Maybe someone with a handle on scoring could give us a clue ?

• CCTM Level 6 (10,590 points)

Hi

There are a whole bunch of key commands available for this sort of thing. Most do not have anything assigned by default, so you will need to setup your own keycombos.

Once done, select the notes in the Score editor, use the KC and you are done.

Stac.jpg

HTH

CCT

• 55plus Level 1 (10 points)

Hi again chorelyman, Triplet on each beat in 4/4 is what I have and the answer is create my own key command.

• 55plus Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks CCTM, I should have thought of that, sorry to start a thread on such a beginners topic.

• chorleyman Level 4 (1,420 points)

Oh, sorry, I get it now - you just meant the dots to indicate staccato.

CCTM to the rescue again - cheers.

• pionata Level 1 (15 points)

They should just remove the notation part of logic. It's a mess. Better to use Sibelius and rerout the midi.