Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

staccato dots in score repeatable?

I am mouse entering triplets in a long region and need to have dots on al of them. I RTFM but came up with nothing that resembles a shortcut.I would like to drag a dot from the palette and put it on the first note of the first triplet and then have a way to apply this dot to all the following notes-Possible?

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 4:00 AM

6 replies

Jun 20, 2011 2:56 PM in response to 55plus

Hello again.

I've no reason to use the Score Editor myself for what I'm doing, so don't get your hopes up!

I would like to drag a dot from the palette and put it on the first note of the first triplet and then have a way to apply this dot to all the following notes

But as a musician, I don't get what that means - usually, triplets are three notes played evenly over the space of one beat (or more beats or even subdivisions of the beat in theory) - just from my own memory, a lot of Debussy's piano music shows sets of 11, 17, 25, whatever number of notes to be played evenly within a certain number of beats/crotchets/semiquavers etc.

Is that what you mean ?

Maybe someone with a handle on scoring could give us a clue ?

staccato dots in score repeatable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.