Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External iSight - Reversed Image

My external iSight produces a reversed image when switched on. Is there a solution or do I have to send my iSight in for service?

I have tested the iSight with different firewire cables on my new Mac Mini and my old iBook G4 and I get the same result - reversed image. I know I can flip any photos taken when using something like PhotoBooth or iPhoto, but it is the video that is important when I am using Skype.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter Schofield

iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 17" and iBook G4 14", Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 5:51 AM

If your talking about a mirror image thats normal, the other end see's it the right way round.

4 replies

Jun 20, 2011 6:08 AM in response to Defcom-UK

Hello

Thanks for the answer, but there still is a problem of mirror images.

When I take a photo using the iSight and PhotoBooth without autoflip turned off, then the photo taken is reversed. When autoflip is on there is no problem.

If I use the video record function in PhotoBooth then the movie recorded is reversed even no matter whether the setting of autoflip is on or off.

Regards

Peter Schofield

Jun 20, 2011 6:25 AM in response to Defcom-UK

Thanks Tony

I have installed iGlasses and it looks like the way to go. I did pick up another thread on this subject and explained why a mirror image is used. Maybe Apple should put the explanation in the help pages for PhotoBooth and about the autoflip setting.

I am happy now and no longer worried that friends will think I am going backwards in time being reversed.

Regards

Peter

External iSight - Reversed Image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.