Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

I have a customer in Brazil that receives the error in the subject when attempting to connect to gateway.push.apple.com:2195 or feedback.push.apple.com:2196. They're connecting through a Cisco PIX firewall, which I know nothing about. Looking at the log it appears that it's being passed through the firewall. Looking at a Wireshark log I can see the connection to the 17.172.x.x address but the first reply is a [RST, ACK] packet.

I read somewhere a mention of having to setup the connection through the firewall as no-NAT but it wasn't specifically related to Apple and no confirmation of the suggestion existed.

Has anyone seen this before or worked with a Cisco PIX in regards to communication with the Push Notification Service?

iOS 4.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 12:40 PM

There are no replies.

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.