Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which printer

I want to buy a wireless printer, any idea which printer?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 12:35 PM

7 replies

Jun 20, 2011 1:50 PM in response to c.v.h.

I bought an Brother HL-2170W about 8 mths ago for a very reasonable price and it has worked flawlessly.

I have refilled the toner once. It prints wirelessly from my iMac, iPad, & a pc laptop.

The Brother tech support was very good during my initial setup (mainly for the pc laptop). I haven't needed to call them since.

Before the Brother, I had a Samsung ML 2510 that was not wireless. It played well with my pc & iMac.

Very easy to refill.

Jun 20, 2011 6:08 PM in response to Csound1

I have the following on my iMac desktop: Brother HL-2170W series.app (From Brother)

I am using a Time Capsule for my wireless.

I don't have any specific app for Brother running on my 1st Gen iPad.

If I want to print from Safari, I just tap the little box that has a small curved arrow in it and I get the following Menu:

Add Bookmark

Add to Home Screen

Mail Link to this Page

Print

I tap on "Print" and it prints on the Brother.

Most of the free apps I run on the iPad don't have a "Print" option.

Brother does now have an iPad App but I haven't tried it.

I think the Brother app on my iMac set something up on the Time Capsule in order for the iMac to print to the Brother.

I bought the iPad just before the release of the 2nd Gen and it just worked with the printing.

It may have something to do with one of the IOS 4 updates.

I don't know if the printing will work if you are using some other wireless router.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

I can say that all this Apple Goodness just seems to play well together.

which printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.