Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add an iTunes account? Is it possible to have multiple for one computer?

So I just got an iPad 2 and I want to set it up, but the computer I'm going to be setting it up on isn't with my iTunes account. Is there a way to add my account to this computer/iTunes in order for my iPad to sync with MY library? Any suggestions will help 🙂 Thank you!!!!

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 1:00 PM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2011 2:41 PM in response to natallyfromthelo

You don't need an iTunes account to set up an iPad.

natallyfromthelo wrote:

So I just got an iPad 2 and I want to set it up, but the computer I'm going to be setting it up on isn't with my iTunes account. Is there a way to add my account to this computer/iTunes in order for my iPad to sync with MY library?

How are you going to sync it with YOUR library if you are not going to connect to the computer with YOUR library?

Jun 21, 2011 1:32 PM in response to natallyfromthelo

An iTunes account is something completely separate from a library.

An iTunes account is used to make purchases.

An iTunes library is all your music. movies. playlists, etc. You don't need an iTunes account to have an iTunes library.

You need to copy the library from the computer it is on to the new computer.

You can copy the entire /Music/iTunes/ folder (this is yoru iTune slibrary) from the old computer to /Music/ on the new computer.

How do I add an iTunes account? Is it possible to have multiple for one computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.