Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse Slow Down Internet?

Hi, I just got a Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse about a week ago to replace my old wired ones. They both work great, however they cause a huge problem. My Internet slows down to the point where I can't use it. Google takes around 10 minutes to load. If I turn the keyboard off and switch to the old wired mouse, pages show up a billion times faster.

I looked online to see if others had this problem, and some do. They said to try switching the channels from which your router is broadcasting on. I did that, and it worked... for only 20 seconds or so. I did this for all 11 channels, but they seem to last the same duration. I am out of warranty, so Apple won't give me a single tip, and I'm out of things to try. What should I do?

By the way, here is what I'm using:

Mac Mini (I think the earliest edition, 2005)

D-Link Router

Magic Mouse

Wireless Keyboard

Thanks in advance!

Wireless Keyboard/Magic Mouse-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 3:07 PM

There are no replies.

Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse Slow Down Internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.