Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G3 Blue Won't Turn ON

I have an old iMac G3 blue that I just pulled out of my closet. The problem is that it won't turn on. When pushing the power button it lights up green for less than 1 second and you hear what sounds like the crt turning on than off. When the keyboard is plugged in and you push the power buwer button on the Mac the caps lock key also lights up for a second. I have 512 mbs of memory in the 2 slots. While pushing the power button a green light on the board next to the memory also lights up for a second. It has a new purple battery with the model number being TL-2150. There's a sticker that says 400MHz | 512k | L2/64MB | 10GB | DVD | 56K | BB. Also it's family number is M5521. It's EMC # is 1821. The DHHS code is GX. I also do have an Apple USB Keyboard Orange which I bought about 2 years ago it is not the orignal though. I also do not have the Puck Mouse.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x), Blue

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 8:29 PM

It's usually the PAV (power analog video) board that goes. Not repairable. If this is a slot loading G3, You could try resetting the PMU, but I don't think it will help. You can try getting in through the RAM door and use something non-metallic, like a chopstick. Otherwise, you'll have to open it up.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2011 8:29 PM in response to SpotComms

It's usually the PAV (power analog video) board that goes. Not repairable. If this is a slot loading G3, You could try resetting the PMU, but I don't think it will help. You can try getting in through the RAM door and use something non-metallic, like a chopstick. Otherwise, you'll have to open it up.

User uploaded file

Jun 23, 2011 8:11 AM in response to SpotComms

Look at this post i helped with https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3096165?start=0&tstart=0 if it is like this post your iMac is Well,dead😟 Lets Hope it is not the PAV board😉 But it sounds like it😟 Please keep us posted!

SpotComms wrote:

I've done that but not using a chopstick I actually took the white bottom off and that metal thing so I could get to everything. I've also found this http://www.scribd.com/doc/103447/iMac-G3-Disassembly-Guide . I think I will just agree it is the PAV board and stick it back in my closet.

iMac G3 Blue Won't Turn ON

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.