Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased quick time pro, and attempted to download quick time 7, but it says I have quick time x installed. I deleted quick time x but it still says it is there and will not let me install.

I purchased quick time pro, but cannot get it to work. I tried to delete quick time X and then install quick time 7, but it still says I have quick time X installed and will not let me install 7. any help is appreciated.

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 8:05 PM

1 reply

Jun 21, 2011 2:04 AM in response to triarch23

Uninstalling QT 10 was a bad move as it is an integral part of the operating system. You need to reinstall it from your install disk.

Mac OS X 10.6 includes QuickTime versions 10.0 and 7.6.3. The QuickTime 7 player will only be present if a QuickTime Pro key was present at the time of installation, or if specified as part of a custom install, or individually downloaded:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl923

Snow Leopard update 10.6.4 included an update to 7.6.6 (if installed). You can install it from the above link even though it says for 10.6.3. It's the same version of QuickTime Player 7.6.6.

(Only QuickTime Player 7.6.3 or 7.6.6 can be updated to "Pro".)

I purchased quick time pro, and attempted to download quick time 7, but it says I have quick time x installed. I deleted quick time x but it still says it is there and will not let me install.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.