Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DHCP range conflict setting up new wireless network - newbie doesn't know what to do...

I'm trying to set up my Time Capsule to create a new wireless network (I couldn't figure out how to extend my existing AT&T u-verse wireless network...called their support and I guess it isn't possible). I had my Time Capsule wireless networking working as its own network before and now I've fouled things up!

Basically my TC runs into on ethernet port in my house, back to my Netgear switch and then to my AT&T 2WIRE router/gateway thing.

When I go to

AIrport Utility > AirPort > Wireless

and then select "Create a wireless network" and fill everything in (allow network to be extended, radio mode 802.11n, channel automatic, security WPA/WPA2) and then to go "Update"

I get the following error:

"The DHCP range you have entered conflicts with the WAN IP address of your Apple Wi-Fi base station"

and it says

DHCP Beginning Address: 192.168.1.2

and then has the same error for the Ending address

DHCP Ending Address: 192.168.1.200

Basically this is completely greek to me - I haven't entered a DHCP range, so I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting...and it won't let me update the device until I fix the problems. Ugh!

Thanks for the help!!!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Time Capsule

Posted on Jun 20, 2011 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 6:09 AM

When I go to AIrport Utility > AirPort > Wireless and then select "Create a wireless network" and fill everything in (allow network to be extended, radio mode 802.11n, channel automatic, security WPA/WPA2) and then to go "Update", I get the following error: "The DHCP range you have entered conflicts with the WAN IP address of your Apple Wi-Fi base station"

1) Make sure that you have an Ethernet cable connected from one of the LAN <-> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN port (circle of dots icon on the Time Capsule)

2) After you enter the Wireless settings on the Wireless page.....

3) The next step needs to be to click the Internet icon.

Connect Using = Ethernet

Connection Sharing = Off (Bridge Mode)

4) Click Update

5) Let the Time Capsule restart

6) Power off the entire network....all devices.....order is not important

7) Start the modem/Uverse router first and let it turn for a minute or two

8) Start the Time Capsule the same way

9) Start each network device one at a time waiting a minute between each device

Post on your results

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2011 6:09 AM in response to aquestionortwo

When I go to AIrport Utility > AirPort > Wireless and then select "Create a wireless network" and fill everything in (allow network to be extended, radio mode 802.11n, channel automatic, security WPA/WPA2) and then to go "Update", I get the following error: "The DHCP range you have entered conflicts with the WAN IP address of your Apple Wi-Fi base station"

1) Make sure that you have an Ethernet cable connected from one of the LAN <-> ports on the Uverse router to the WAN port (circle of dots icon on the Time Capsule)

2) After you enter the Wireless settings on the Wireless page.....

3) The next step needs to be to click the Internet icon.

Connect Using = Ethernet

Connection Sharing = Off (Bridge Mode)

4) Click Update

5) Let the Time Capsule restart

6) Power off the entire network....all devices.....order is not important

7) Start the modem/Uverse router first and let it turn for a minute or two

8) Start the Time Capsule the same way

9) Start each network device one at a time waiting a minute between each device

Post on your results

DHCP range conflict setting up new wireless network - newbie doesn't know what to do...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.