Hi Folks... I'm having a new issue on my mac, which is coming more and more regular...
The apps crash when I'm trying to:
1. open a file from the File/Open that pop ups a window for browse the file.
2. When I'm trying to save the file through the Save As command. The crash mostly occurs when I'm trying to browse to another folder, either been for save or for open a file.
Apps involved: mostly Photoshop CS5 and Safari, but it happens with other apps too.
Extra symptom: When the crash occurs, the file gets like corrupted, so each time I try to open/save the file, it crashes the app.
Solution for the extra symptom: change the name of the file, but problem 1 & 2 starts again (so I have to create a loop of files with different names in order to sort the problem).
Importance of problem: SUPER HIGH! I'm loosing very important works when this happens, because saving isn't secure and I cannot save as [different versions of the same file] from the app because it's 100% it crashes, so I have to rewrite the file each time I have to save it, which is not good either.
Things I did:
1. I already uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and cleaned all the files related to it (plists, preferences, etc), so I did a clean install of it and the problem persists.
2. Already cleaned all the cache files, plist and such from Safari, but the problem persists.
3. Already ran all the usual maintenance routines and the problem persists.
I'm hoping to get a clear answer for this issue because I'm wasting lot of time when working, specially in Photoshop.
Thank you very much for your help, as always!
Message was edited by: Quantum3