Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X... am I missing something?

So...

1. I can't import my old projects.. which means I will always need a copy of my FCP 7 on my machine "just in case" (my clients often require me to dig out and tweak old work).

2. No EDL import.

3. No XML import.

4. No playout/edit to tape.

5. No ability to customise window layout.

6. I don't seem to be able to se any of my old plug-ins.

7. I here it can't playout over HD-SDI?

8. What happened to ProRes LT?

9. Unless I am missing something it insists on doing something with my imported XDCAM EX footage, rather than working with it natively.

that's it so far... but seriously. ***.

MacBook Pro (2011 Quad 2.3 i7), Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8Gb Ram, 250GB SSD

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:27 AM

33 replies

Jun 21, 2011 11:14 AM in response to LukeW

Another idiotic response.

2 minutes (actually a few hours) is long enough to identify a lack of "pro" features which I am many other require in our professional workflows. Things which were not documented, and as no demo was avaiable we decided to bite the bullet and try out for. Things which as they are missing we will have to stick with an older program until it is unusuable on newer OSs.

i think it is fair to complain.

Jun 21, 2011 11:25 AM in response to NezihSavaskan

If you are thinking about buying FCP X.... please go try it first. It is nothing like FCP7. I downloaded it this morning and there is NO WAY I'm editing on this software. The Magnetic Timeline and not being able to open old projects is enough of a reason. But all the other things aren't that great either.

1. Color correcting is OK... but if your serious about it... you won't use it.

2. Not being able to control your resolutions and timelines very easily.

3. Folders are a mess. (What they call the Event Library now)

I've been editing for 15 years and I can't even figure out how to make a clip stay in one place while I move another to match beat in the music...... I'm going to try and get my money back. Seriously!

FCP X... am I missing something?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.