Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod is corrupt and it wont let me restore it...An unknown error occured (1439)

basically when i plug my Ipod in it says it is corrupted and i have to restore it before i can use it again with Itunes. When I try to restore it it comes up with the message "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured. (1439)

I've tried the appleipod.bat solution and it's still not restoring...Please help

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:53 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2012 12:28 PM in response to Palmer440

Hey there Palmer

How are you?

Well, I have an iPod Classic, it gave me the error -1436 error and would not restore on iTunes.

I did the following:

My Boss (@work) has a fairly old iBook but it has OS-X, so I decided to give it a try and connected my iPod to it.

The system showed a window telling me that the disk is not MAC formated and needs to be validated prior further action. Snce it is a Mac product, I thought "yeah, go ahead".

It then opens the disk manager utility for the Mac and showed the disk. It's window has some tabs, one is to verify the disk, so I verified it. Guess what, it had some invalid clusters.

Then I formatted the iPod to OS-X Plus file system (next tab to the right). After formating the iPod, I "ejected" the iPod and reconnected to my PC. The Windows iTunes found an iPod with Mac file system and asked me to restore it. As I clicked on the "restore" button, I crossed my fingers as this was the last resource I have.

Finally, after the file extraction was done, it began to restore the iPod!!

I'm so happy about being able to restore the iPod that I decided to share with all you guys this solution as it is the most usefull, in my opinion.

Hope you can find someone with an iBook or a desktop Mac, so you can fix yours.

If it works for you, make sure to share the tip!!

Kind regards

Salvador Rivera

My Ipod is corrupt and it wont let me restore it...An unknown error occured (1439)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.