Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal, Macbook Air, and Exchange 2010

I have a user whos iCal is not syncing with Exchange 2010. When creating a new event, it gives the message "iCal can't save the event "xxxx" to the Exchange server. The account "xxxx" currently can't be modified. To discard your changes and continue using the version of your calendars that's on the server, click Revert to Server. To save your changes on your computer until the problem is resolved, click Go Offline."

The user is on a 2011 13" Macbook Air, 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo. Snow Leopard 10.6.7, iCal 4.0.4. Mail and Address Book sync fine. The calendar works fine from the users iPhone, Outlook Web Access, and Outlook 2011 on the computer.

I have tried deleting the account, deleting all caches, and recreating it, but it still doesn't work. I created the account on my Macbook and it works fine, no problems syncing over wired or wireless connections. Macbook is also on 10.6.7, iCal 4.0.4. So I was thinking it was an account issue. I created a new account on the Macbook Air, set up the exchange account in iCal, and I get the same problem as on the original account, no syncing.. I have everything set up exactly the same as on my Macbook, but the Macbook Air refuses to sync. This error only appears when an event created on the Macbook Air is in the calendar. It pulls events from the server fine, but once an event is created it refuses to cooperate.

Do Macbook Airs just not play nice with Exchange?

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 11:50 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2011 6:20 AM in response to John Maisey

This is not an issue with the Macbook Air. I have had this same problem since upgrading to Lion. One solution suggested (from MacRumors.com forum reply) was to

1) Open iCal and go into the iCal Menu/Preferences. Go to Advanced tab and enable Time Zone Support. Close iCal
2) Open System Preferences and click on Date & Time. Click on Time Zone tab and enable the checkbox for auto detect time zone.

I did this several times without success before I finally got rid of the errors. I have been error free for 3 weeks, but today the error is back (with no apparent changes made by me). I'm still struggling to get rid of it now.

iCal, Macbook Air, and Exchange 2010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.