Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone exported a QuickTime yet?

Can someone please tell me if FCP X exports QuickTimes with full levels (up to 107%ish) or does it clip in order to produce "legal" results? Because downstream grading on a clipped output is pointless... Someone please?

Final Cut Studio '09, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Tangent panels, Avid Nitris DX

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 9:45 PM

6 replies

Jun 23, 2011 9:38 PM in response to Stockholm

The answer is yes, it will produce full height QuickTimes that can roll into a grade elsewhere, and presumably the DPX and OpenEXR outputs are fine although I haven't looked at them specifically.

The issue is now to find a way within the innards of FCP X to derive an edl from something... I can't bear the though of manually adding cuts on a long form project in a grade. Of course there are "optical" tools for this - I once used CatDV for the purpose, when FinalTouch was very broken - but it's a bit of a crazy workaround.

I know half of you will never believe this but I had never opened iMovie (why should I?) but a colleague tells me it all feels deeply familiar. Which means if we crack this, we can work with a decade of home videos too! I'm so excited! This is incredible!

Anyone exported a QuickTime yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.