Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

decryptedFile.DMG - Flash Player - why is that there?

I have 3 computers I take care of in my house and I try to keep them all up to date and well managed. This morning I repaired permissions on all of them. There were tons after the new Airport Utility install.

In Disk Utility, on the Mac Pro, on the left side where the disks are listed there is a line at the bottom of the HDs and this item I have never seen before:

"decryptedFile.DMG"

[disk image icon] Flash Player

Why? It only shows on one of the 3 computers. I remember getting an update notification from Adobe. The path to it as shown in the bottom of the Disk Utility window is

/Mac Pro HD/private/var/folders…. and on and on

the disk image shown under the title of the file is greyed out and indicates 'not mounted'.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 10:20 AM

COMMAND+click and drag off the DU window. It's a remnant left behind when you last installed Flash Player.

20 replies

Feb 28, 2013 3:27 AM in response to Eddie Strauss

Hola a todos, a mi me ha pasado lo mismo,

Pero lo que me preocupa es que ningún empleado trabajador de Apple o trabajador de Adobe Flash Player, se pronuncie y diga que es eso de decryptedFile.dmg Flash Player

Saludos,

Hi all, to me has been the same,

But what worries me is that no Apple employee or worker worker of Adobe Flash Player, to rule and say that's that Flash Player decryptedFile.dmg

regards,

User uploaded file

decryptedFile.DMG - Flash Player - why is that there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.