Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Page Error - "login credentials could not be verified"

Hi All

I am getting the below error when using Safari and Firefox when accessing google mail.

This account cannot be accessed because the login credentials could not be verified

Does anybody know how to resolve the issue.

Thanks John

Update -

The Google Apps decoder provides the following explanation.

What does this error message mean: "This account cannot be accessed because the login credentials could not be verified"?

This usually means that the private key used to sign the SAMLResponse does not match the public key certificate that Google Apps has on file. Please upload the certificate in the SSO Settings in control panel and retry.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 5:44 AM

2 replies

Jun 22, 2011 5:55 AM in response to Ingo F.

I know that the password is correct as it works on my pc and iphone.

The Google Apps decoder provides the following explanation.

What does this error message mean: "This account cannot be accessed because the login credentials could not be verified"?

This usually means that the private key used to sign the SAMLResponse does not match the public key certificate that Google Apps has on file. Please upload the certificate in the SSO Settings in control panel and retry.

Web Page Error - "login credentials could not be verified"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.