Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reinstall Photo booth?

How do I reinstall Photo Booth?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 9:24 AM

12 replies

Jun 22, 2011 7:07 PM in response to Kfosnaugh

Kfosnaugh wrote:

Is there any other way than using Pacifica, I see I need to buy it for 20.00, I looked at Pacifica and I didn't understand how to do what it said.

If you don't want to use Pacifist (not Pacifica) you can take the machine and the original install Discs that came with it to your local Apple Store or AASP. Make sure you back up the system prior to the appointment, you can use with Time Machine or create a clone using SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner.

Jun 23, 2011 12:42 AM in response to draoux

I refer the 'onourable gentleman to the reply by rkaufmann87; Pacifist is shareware.

You can use it for free for a while and it's quite easy to use. Put the install disc in (don't boot from it).

Use Pacifist to open the installer package.

Navigate to the applications and find PhotoBooth.

Right-click on it and choose "install in default location"

When it's done, quit Pacifist and eject the disc.

Jun 24, 2011 9:38 PM in response to themacchap

I initially thought that two and when searching for the original application but no luck. I even tried to open some Photo Booth files created by the kids but the Mac couldn't find the application. I guess Pacifist it is.

Just seems like a extra work around - why not have Mac let us do a simple install?

Thanks for all the help.

May 31, 2013 10:51 PM in response to Kfosnaugh

I know this is an old thread and you didn't state why you wanted/needed to reinstall Photo Booth, but I have the same question because the Photo Booth on my iMac now says "Photo Booth couldn't save your photos" when I launch it. The message continues "Photo Booth encounterred an error when trying to save your photos. Your photos cannot be saved at this time." The option at this point is to click "OK." But when I do that I get the same message.

I used Pacifist to replace the app from the OS installler I have on a USB flash drive and it seemed like everything went fine. There were no messages to think otherwise. After Pacifist replaced it I tried to launch it but got the same message I did before.

With Pacifist you have the choice of either updating the app, or replacing the the app, and I chose "Replace." I wonder if the outcome would be different if I had chosen "Update," but having already replaced it I don't think updating will serve any purpose. I'll try that but in the meantime if anybody has any suggestions I will surely appreciate them. Thanks for any help you may give me.

Sep 13, 2013 5:12 PM in response to Marmadukemark

I am having the same problem on my iMac with Mountain Lion. One day Photo Booth just stopped working and gives the error message won't save photos. I have reinstalled Mountain Lion but it did not fix the problem. What is with this app and Apple? why would it just stop? I've been using Mac's since 1990 and have never encountered such a problem! Is there a solution to get Photo Booth Working again??

How to reinstall Photo booth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.