Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Motion Template on Network

Hoping to find a more definitive answer to a network question. The facility I am at has 5 edit bays all running Final Cut Pro 7 on Mac Pros with Snow Leopard. We are all connected to a Xsan running Snow Leopard Server and has a 16TB XRaid via Fibre. We edit a few weekly segments and have introduced Motion 4 templates to retain consistency in our graphics package. Initially we exported templates from Motion into my user folder on my Mac, then installed the Motion templates on the XRaid and imported them into the projects in FCP. However, there are times when some editors only see a red checkerboard OR the template shows up but does not show the "Controls" tab in the Viewer so we can modify text, etc. I moved all the files generated by Motion and the reference files (.movs, pngs, etc.) all live on the XRaid as well.

Any ideas on what we are missing? According to the FCP Help Library, there is a location that is indicated to install Motion templates on the "Network". This is listed as:

/Network/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Studio/Motion/Templates/

Where is this path on the XSan? Is it under the "admin's" Library, or the HD of the Xsan itself? We are not too network savvy here and our IT dept for the company has no idea how video systems like these (especially Mac) operate. We generally use a third party to install our gear, but the are out of state and hard to get in here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Matt

Editor

Motion 4, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 9:53 AM

2 replies

Installing Motion Template on Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.