Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air not downloading attachments in Mail

I doubt this has something to do with the Macbook Air but it is an issue with Apple Mail and also with Outlook 2011. I have a IMAP account with Network Solutions and have tried sending my self several PDF files(in one email) and in both mail programs it can't open them saying the file is empty. I've tried both accounts online and they are viewable and also viewable on my iphone. I've checked the settings to make sure it says download attachments. When you look at the files it looks like they aren't downloaded yet and when you click on them it says the message that the file is empty. This doens't happen with all PDF files either. This is actually for a friend of mine who is a PC converter to the Mac and isn't too happy with the Mac right now. Please help!

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 1:02 PM

6 replies

Jun 22, 2011 7:08 PM in response to Eric Ross

I tried you suggestions with no luck. HTML was checked and view best alternative was grayed out. Not sure what this could be as I'm getting the same results in Outlook and Mail. Weird as I said they pdf look fine in the web mail. I also get the same results when I send to a gmail account but works on gmail. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Jun 22, 2011 8:12 PM in response to etresoft

Both the gmail and network solutions are IMAP. Network solutions appears to be flaky at times and gmail seems to work fine. I see the same issue with a couple of messages that appear fine on a PC via IMAP in both gmail and network solutions IMAP....so the issue appears to be around the Mac. It looks like they aren't fully downloading in Mail or Outlook. I was thinking its a particular message since this isn't the case with all messages...but doesn't explain why its fine on a PC and on webmail. My friend has 4 devices and two email accounts so POP isn't an option for network solutions and I assume I could use for Gmail. I can send the message from the PC where it looks fine to both gmail and mail and I can't open the attachment. Thanks for your help.

Macbook Air not downloading attachments in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.