Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.lxf file

I have a .lxf video file that won't go into FCP. I'm wondering what software would open that file so that I can play it and export it to an

Apple Pro Res timeline?

thanks

mp

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 4:23 PM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2011 7:37 PM in response to Nick Holmes

OK Nick, here's the deal. I'd never heard of .lxf files either. I'm working in Asia now, where I was given a DVC-PRO tape that contains video in an .lxf file. I have been told that the use of the this type of file is common in Asia. Here's what I understand so far.

.lxf files seem to be "contained" or "wrapped" in a proprietary encoding (Harris?) which does not jive with QT. So, FCP won't import.

I'm still trying to figure out how to import this video into an Apple Pro Res timeline. That would mean finding the software that will let me read these files. I've found a company called Digital Rapids on the web that seems to be dealing with reading .lxf files. That is as far as I have gotten.

I'm a both surprised and confused by the position that I find myself in. Is this common use in Asia recent? And what is the most economical way for me to play this file (considering that this is a one-time only deal, I'm not particularly eager to spend the big bucks on software just to play the video once.)

Any ideas, suggestions, comments, second-opinions would be most welcome.

mp

.lxf file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.