Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download 24 bit audio from HDtracks, go through iTunes and come out the other end in 24 bit? Just bought Logic Express 9 for this but too stupid to figure it out

How can I download 24 bit audio from HDtracks, go through iTunes and come out the other end in 24 bit? Just bought Logic Express 9 for this but too stupid to figure it out

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 7:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2015 11:01 AM in response to dont4get2vote

Not sure I understand your question. If you download your HDTracks in ALAC format (which stands for Apple Lossless) they will play fine in iTunes.

If you want to transfer your HDTracks to an iPod/iPhone though, you will need to downsample your files to 48 Khz. The setting 24 bit / 48 Khz seems to be the maximum compatible with iPod/iPhone.

I did this with Bigasoft Audio Converter, which I just downloaded from the OS X app store. You may also use XLD, which can be found in sourceforge.net, but I haven't tried it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.