Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Events on External Drive not showing up in Event Library

Hi,

I spent several hours last night importing nearly a Terabyte of iMovie events into FCP X. It took forever, but seemed to work - all my iMovie events appeared in the FCP Event library.

Today, when I started up FCP X, my external drive appears in the list, but none of events on that external drive appear. There is a directory called "Final Cut Events" directory in the root directory of that external drive and this directory seems to contain everything. Any idea why aren't these events showing up in the Event Library?

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 10:21 PM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2011 6:26 AM in response to David Mikulin

I have the same issue. I have two external drives, both from WD, both formatted "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)", both connected via firewire 800. Sometimes the first one appears in the Event Library, sometimes the second one. After starting Final Cut both volumes displayed for the split of a second before one of these disappears.

I have filmed that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLzJH6vQAyo

Jan 26, 2012 8:29 AM in response to Napfekarl

I also have the same issue. Two drives; one mounts, the other won't, or at least usually won't. My workaround has been to manually eject all drives but the one with the project I want to work on BEFORE launching FCPX. But it scared the living spit out of me for about three hours before I worked out the unmounting kludge.

Anyone have ideas why this might be happening?

Events on External Drive not showing up in Event Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.