Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have accidentally removed App Store from my system. How do I reinstall it?

Hi!

I have accidentally removed the App Store application from my Mac, how do I reinstall it?

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 12:32 AM

Run the Mac OS X 10.6.7 combo updater.

(58944)

11 replies

Jun 23, 2011 12:43 AM in response to ordnaj

Deleting the application would be pretty hard to do. It may be that you've just removed the icon from your dock. To see if this is the case, go to the Apple Menu and the 3rd item should be "App Store..."

If that works, all you need to do is open the store from there. To get the icon back on your dock, right click on it when the app store is open and choose Options -> Keep In Dock.

Jun 23, 2011 1:11 AM in response to ordnaj

I deleted the Mac App Store - as it wouldn't let me sign in - with the intention of reinstalling it to try and solve the problem. However this is proving more difficult than first thought.

I downloaded the Mac OS X 10.6.7 combo updater however there isn't enough space on the HD to run it.

What do I need to do to install it? And if i do install it, will I lose any of my files etc.

Cheers

Jun 23, 2011 1:26 AM in response to agb90

Hi!

Well, first of all, you need space for the combo 🙂

Make some space in your HD, it sounds like you might have it up to the limits of storage, if you don't have space for it.

Run it and let it do the work. It normally respects your files and configurations while just updating the system. No problem with that.

Cheers!

I have accidentally removed App Store from my system. How do I reinstall it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.