Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X shuts off when editing text titles.

When editing titles (text), I writte in spanish so I use accents, FCP X always shuts off!!!! Any help?

Pedro.

FinalCutPro X-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 6:57 AM

same problem with 'ë'

I did a copy/ paste from text edit. but it was not optimal. text was too smaal and resize was not possible.

I hope for an update.

Anyway FCPX crashes quite often.

Michael

7 replies

Aug 10, 2011 7:27 AM in response to ptamayo

How are you adding the special characters?

In the American English version, I can add pretty much any "special character" by going to Edit > Special Characters (Option-Command-T) to get the system font characters. I've mostly been adding accented Latin characters, which may or may not work for you, but I haven't had any crashes adding characters this way. Pretty clunky if you have a lot of accented letters, but fine for the occasional one.

Apr 30, 2013 9:56 AM in response to ptamayo

It happens to me all the time! And it ***** since, well, it's supposed to be a pro app, right? Living in Mexico (and applies to all Spanish and accent-language users), presenting a text without the proper grammar is like not differentiating between you're and your -it's just plain un professional.

Sadly, I see I'm not the only one with the issue...

FCP X shuts off when editing text titles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.