Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage - Automatic song/patch advance?

Background:

I've been using Ableton Live for a year to runs sets of songs at church while we've been saving for a MacBook Pro and a Mainstage solution. Although Live has been reliable, I much prefer MS's ability to cycle on a song section - I write the stems for each instrument on Logic with markers and create MS patches with multiple playback instances - one for each instrument. We really like the ability to look down at the combo of progress indicator and marker name (chorus/first few lyrics of verse etc) to keep our place in a song - a duplicate display shows the rest of the band when cycle is on and where we are).

Question:

Now I'm in the process of cutting over to Mainstage from Live and sorely miss the ability to automatically advance (if needed) to the next song/patch. (In Live, I can do this by setting a "follow on action" of "next" after a particular time in the song (actually a bar count - it's messy!))

I have managed to get a song to start automatically in MS on patch change (I use an FCB1010 midi foot controller) but that still requires me to look down from the congregation for a second to press the footswitch mapped to "next patch" - always in my mind is the possibility of hitting the wrong switch with something embarrassing happening!

I wonder if anyone has a solution to automatically sequence through a set of patches/songs in MS? If this isn't possible I hope the developers are thinking about this - it would be very useful in churches for sure.

Thanks in anticipation for any help/enlightenment, Patrick, Port Charlotte FL.

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 7:35 AM

There are no replies.

Mainstage - Automatic song/patch advance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.