Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly yahoo mail not working on mail app

Me too suddenly stop sending or recieving any of yahoo messeges first on my Macbook pro then i enabled the keychain for sync in my mobileMe then it comes to my iMac ,,,, same issue,

i Don't know what to do...

i even tried to go back one day with my Time machine and same problem,,,

it turns the yahoo mail box OFFLINE automatically every time,,,,,

my mobile me mail is fine ,,, and internet is good on safari,,,, also i tried this in deferent places using deferent routers & deferent internet service providers.

please anyone could help me ,,,,

Thank you,,,,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 8:03 AM

67 replies

Jun 23, 2011 11:39 PM in response to Dale Weisshaar

Thank you for your reply ,,,

i tried it today also not coming sending only.

and what is really strange is that after every check for mail (The auto check) it takes the yahoo mailbox offline (only yahoo and .me is online) ,,, then i turn it online again ,,,, then after auto check >>> its goes offline !!!

i think something in the keychain but it tells no problems found after the Keychains First Aid....

Jun 24, 2011 10:39 AM in response to bishlawy

Good morning, I spoke to att.net tech support Tier 2 yesterday regarding the same issue on a client's iMac using Mac mail under OS X 10.6.7.

The issue is the user can see their mail come in via activity monitor, but it does not appear in the Inbox. Sending functions are normal.

Both sending and receiving functions work properly in webmail. The att.net support tech indicated that it was a documented issue that happened after the last OS update, and although they are working on it, there is no ETA. Using webmail is the recommended option. Thanks!

Aug 6, 2011 6:35 PM in response to bishlawy

I have a new IMac 27 with Mac OS X 10.7 and my Apple Mail client stopped receiving any of my Yahoo Mail.

After hours of enabling - unenabling and general tinkering with it I finally deleted it from my mail client and re-installed and now it appears to have come back to life. Not sure what the cause of it to freeze up was.

I was still able to use other mail accounts and send email from the yahoo mail via the client. My IPhone and web access to yahoo mail had no related issues at all.

Suddenly yahoo mail not working on mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.