Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which IPad2 to buy?

I'm wondering if 16GB will meet my needs or if I need 32GB. I don't expect to download lots of data, but I can't figure out how much is adequate. Suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 9:03 AM

I have a 16 and it's fine for me.

If I had movies and video's, etc that consumed a lot of ram, I'd go bigger.

If you can afford the 32 gig, go for it as you can not add RAM later.

6 replies

Jun 23, 2011 9:05 AM in response to Wheaton24

The main things that take up space are films (especially HD versions) and music - and potentially photos. On the the 16 gig version you'll get something like 14 gig to play with, as the operating system takes up some space and 16 gig doesn't really mean 16 gig. If you can afford it go for the 32 gig - it's always best to have too much space then too little, and you can't increase the size once you've bought it.

Jun 23, 2011 3:20 PM in response to Wheaton24

Are you on a budget? If so, the $100 or so you'll save by buying a 16 GB instead of a 32 GB will purchase a cover and two years of accidental damage protection. I needed that a lot more than I needed more storage space.

I got the 16 GB because that's what I could afford (along with the cover and damage warranty). I have at any given time a couple of movies, a TV show or two, tons of apps (3 GBs worth at the moment), some music and some photos and a fair amount of writing and I still have 7 GB free.

So, 16 GB actually is a LOT of space, especially if--and this is a big if--you are trying (and I am) to store more and more in the cloud. With DropBox and MobileMe I have the documents and photos I need available to me without having to store them on my iPad and I'm using network apps like Netflix and MLB TV far more than I am watching my own movies.

Which IPad2 to buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.