Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering

Ok, I have a question - something I haven't had a chance to try myself.

Background rendering... I assume this will always start from the beginning of your timeline and work it's way through?

I understand when you begin playback, background rendering is paused?

So what happens if you have a really long timeline loaded with stuff that needs rendering, and you want to quickly be able to playback something near the end of the timeline?

Is there a Render Selection option like FCP7?

MacBook Pro (2011 Quad 2.3 i7), Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8Gb Ram, 250GB SSD

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 2:13 PM

BG Render does not only pause when you hit play. It pauses when you skim, select etc. Just about pauses ALL the time IF you do anything. If you do nothing it does NOT pause.

That is why I say that selling FCPX as "Rendering belongs to the past" is a lie. Only difference 'tween rendering in FCPX and FCP is that in FCP you have to do it manually.

Hoax x 2000000

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2011 2:13 PM in response to NezihSavaskan

BG Render does not only pause when you hit play. It pauses when you skim, select etc. Just about pauses ALL the time IF you do anything. If you do nothing it does NOT pause.

That is why I say that selling FCPX as "Rendering belongs to the past" is a lie. Only difference 'tween rendering in FCPX and FCP is that in FCP you have to do it manually.

Hoax x 2000000

Jun 23, 2011 3:22 PM in response to NezihSavaskan

you do have some control; you can cancel rendering tasks so that the one you want to have happen will occur first. you can also reduce the delay time before background rendering starts -- it defaults at 5 seconds of idle time, and you can reduce that all the way down to 0 seconds (it seems). You can also disable background render; I'm not sure what that would do (e.g., maybe offer you manual controls?)

Rendering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.