Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glossy or AntiGlare/Normal Res or High Res for Video Editing?

I will be purchasing a MacBook Pro 15" for Final Cut Pro video editing on the road. I'm trying to decide on the best purchase configuration for the display. Apple offers Glossy Widescreen, 1440 x 900 standard. High resolution 1680 x 1050 comes in either Glossy or Antiglare.

I'm wondering which configuration would be ideal. Are there any special display considerations for video work?

I'll be getting the 2.2 GHz i7 quad with the AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1GB GDDR.

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 1:23 PM

I have one hi res, one antiglare 17'.

I find antiglare much more usable. especially while editing.

8 replies

Jun 23, 2011 1:54 PM in response to JohnBarrett

I have the hi res anti glare and thi sis better than the glossy in my opinion because I can do my work faster without being distracted by reflections that move or being blinded by light from behind me bouncing off the screen. I also can use my macbook pro outside a lot better than the glossy one. I am a graduate student so papers and presentations are mainly what i do for school. I edit ton of video and pictures and the antiglare is my recommendation to you. Obviously it is your choice ultimately, but I hope my input helps you out John,

Glossy or AntiGlare/Normal Res or High Res for Video Editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.