Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery was cycled before I even got the computer... what the crap!

Model Information:

Manufacturer: SMP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 406

Hardware Revision: 2

Cell Revision: 158

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 6795

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 6795

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 2

Condition: Normal

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 48

Voltage (mV): 12522

See the stuff in bold. i JUST got this machine yesterday via fedex. its a configure to order yes sure but my old CTO machine came with NO cycles on the battery and a capacity of 6900 (the design capacity of the battery)

should i file a claim against the battery? I sure feel like I should but i want further inputs.

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 11:05 PM

I'm sorry but we can't help with this. It is not abnormal for the battery to have one or two cycles because of factory testing. But if you wish to make a claim you're entitled to do so.

10 replies

Jun 24, 2011 4:51 AM in response to alin0steglinski

Two cycles is really a drop in the bucket with respect to the life of your battery. I've really never made it a point to check the cycle count on my battery when I first get it. I'll usually eventually look at it when I go into the system profiler. So long as the count isn't bizarrely high for my use, I don't really worry about it. I tend to only go through a few cycles a week as I use my system primarily at home.

This is something I would definitely not get worked up about.

Jun 24, 2011 1:49 PM in response to alin0steglinski

Apple has resolved this issue, the battery should not have cycles when the machine is pulled out of a sealed box unless there is a Quality Control issue that was checked, to verify this phone apple and check with them. If you buy a Mac Portable and it has Cycles on it that you did not do then call apple. you may be eligible for replacement of the battery. In my case I am getting my battery replaced.

Battery was cycled before I even got the computer... what the crap!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.