Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard Drive Partitoned by 10.6.8 update?

Have a 500GB hard drive, repaired permissions before doing the combo update, went to repair permissions after the update & this is what I see:

User uploaded file

Thoughts?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 6:14 AM

only one partition mate, the blue bit is used space and the white is un-used space on the existing partition. Also it only has one volume (Macintosh HD) on the left under your main HDD.

Hope this helps mate.

Edit: misread, I noticed you said 500GB HDD. obviously Disk utility is reporting different only claims 250GB, what is obvious that there is no other partitions, but I've no idea why Disk Utility says you have a smaller Disk.

You sure your model had the 500GB when you purchased?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2011 6:14 AM in response to wjosten

only one partition mate, the blue bit is used space and the white is un-used space on the existing partition. Also it only has one volume (Macintosh HD) on the left under your main HDD.

Hope this helps mate.

Edit: misread, I noticed you said 500GB HDD. obviously Disk utility is reporting different only claims 250GB, what is obvious that there is no other partitions, but I've no idea why Disk Utility says you have a smaller Disk.

You sure your model had the 500GB when you purchased?

Jun 24, 2011 6:21 AM in response to wjosten

FUJITSU MJA2250BH FFS G1 Average Disk Rating
Description: FUJITSU MJA2250BH FFS G1 (Size: 250 GB)

Hard Drive First Benchmarked: 2009-12-09
Disk Rating/$Price: No pricing information. Overall Rank: 1628
Last Price Change: Not Available.

It appears that your drive was only 250G before the update so everything looks normal to me.

Hard Drive Partitoned by 10.6.8 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.