Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad keeps crashing on every app, even on settings and other Apple made apps. A memory application shows that the free memory is shrinking.

EVERY app on the ipad is crashing back to the menu after a few seconds. I have tried powering down, syncing. There does not seem to be an app that can monitor what is causing the problem. Every app that I have was downloaded from the app store, nothing is bootlegged.

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 7:03 AM

5 replies

Jun 24, 2011 11:59 AM in response to ledchip

Delete the last downloaded app from your iPad by holding down the app then tapping the circle with a x then tap Delete.

If you aren't certain which app it was open iTunes. From the menu bar click Store / View My Account / Purchase History.

You can always re download the app again without re buying.

iOS: Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Jun 25, 2011 6:07 AM in response to ledchip

Thanks for the posts. I did a system restart, deleted and reinstalled all of the apps that were in the last update list when the problem started happening. Sure enough, within 5 minutes the problem is back.

I installed an app called MemoryInfo but it is no help. (even it crashes)

EVERY app crashes within a couple of minutes and goes back to the menu. This is REALLY bad, the my ipad is really bricked at this point. I guess that the only way this is going to get fixed is to delete ALL of the apps, redownload them and reset as a new ipad. This is going to take 4 - 5 hours (105 apps) and reset all of my mail and other account passwords. I am also upset (****** off) that there is no way to close all apps that are running with one command.

I really feel embarrassed for the Apple engineers that something like this can happen and there is no tool to fix a problem like this other than to do a complete reset and start over.

ipad keeps crashing on every app, even on settings and other Apple made apps. A memory application shows that the free memory is shrinking.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.