Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete subscriptions in iCal?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 8:21 AM

31 replies

Nov 17, 2011 2:38 PM in response to tiggerww

I m upset...

Same as above except I can complete and further detail the problem.

1) when using ical event subscriptions, you are downloading an URL which goes to implement ical.

2) Of course when I am going to ical calendar list, I right click on the mouse and I erase the calendar subscription. No problem about that !

3) Most of us are intuitively trying to solve and fix the problem we can have. Accordingly my hesitations made that I have subscribed several times the same ical event. (7 times....)

4) Why 7 times ? because I was doing what you have recommended above, I mean erasing the Ical event subscribed and then re subscribing it...

5) each time you re trying to make it appeating again into ical because you want that subsribed event, it is occuring on ical the exact numer of time you have subscribed the event previously.

6) In my case, 7 times .... and if I am continuing like this it will never end...

SO THE QUESTION IS : How to erase the PREVIOUS URL event subscription ??? because it is stored somewhere in the system ... and finally have only a UNIQUE URL subscription.

Feb 21, 2012 1:15 PM in response to tiggerww

Guys I am a little confused, its not very intuitive so I was searching for a way to delete subscriptions and landed on this. The solution in my case is much more straightforward than the suggestions here.

Just click on calendars on top left, under subscriptions you find all the web calendars, either uncheck to hide or right click-->delete to remove.

For god's sake don't ever delete your home calendar, unless you are going in witness protection program or running away from alimony 👿

Mar 1, 2012 2:54 PM in response to rwik78

Hi All,

I've got the same problum, Solution below (Now I know the trick so its simple, once you know the trick you will say its simple :-)

However below is the step By step solution.

- Open Icalander

- On left top coner of Ical you will notice a tab called "CALENDARES"

- Click on it, and you will notice a min widow.

- Under subscriptions Un tick the unwanted calander and It will disiper.

Hope this resolves your issues.

Regards

AJ

Mar 12, 2012 1:47 PM in response to rwik78

I was doing the same as you, and also found this thread. Did as you suggested and it worked.

The thing I don't understand is that I don't even remember adding any subscriptions. I'm not even sure what a subscription is in regards to iCal, but I guess I'd better find out, since mine seemed to appear on it's own. 😊

@ AJRJSW - Your method just makes the subscription invisible - it's still there. I wanted to delete mine completely.

Mar 12, 2012 3:29 PM in response to GGPP

Hi GGPP,

Question was not so clear...!

Any way here is the solution below.

- Open Icalander

- On left top coner of Ical you will notice a tab called "CALENDARES"

- Click on it, and you will notice a min widow.

- Select the item you want to "Delet" and delete it using delete key (Command-Delete (as is used in iTunes) but didn't try just "delete") OR you can select and right click and click on delet.

This will work 🙂

Regards

Aj

Mar 12, 2012 3:36 PM in response to AJRJSW

I was responding to rwik78 and as I said, i figured it out using their method.

You wrote "Under subscriptions Un tick the unwanted calander and It will disiper." (I think you meant disappear)

"Unticking" doesn't delete the subscription, it just hides it. That's all I meant by my comment to you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.