Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unicode/multilingual alternative to iWeb?

Greetings to everyone...

The wife wants to make a home web site (photos, blog/commentary - the usual) that has two languages on the same pages (mixing English and Korean) - not two "separate but equal" sites in different languages as described in many discussions.

With the impending death of iWeb, what options do I have? If I read the Sandvox information correctly, they only offer the "make two copies in different languages" option.

Web hosting suggestions welcomed, too. I am currectly using a DynDNS service to allow remote access to files at home - I don't know if that affects web hosting setup or not. Most importantly, ease of use for the wife takes priority over extra features, if that alters anyone's recommendation...

KWO

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 1:09 PM

3 replies

Jun 24, 2011 1:19 PM in response to kwolson

Hello - me again.

Obviously I shouldn't have said that iWeb is dead - it's just an application that can still be used, though not with MobileMe in the future.

I guess what I'm really asking for is the next best combination of Unicode support, strong integration with some of the Mac's other programs for audio/photos/video and ease of publishing when it's all done.

Thanks!

KWO

Jun 25, 2011 2:44 AM in response to kwolson

kwolson wrote:

The wife wants to make a home web site (photos, blog/commentary - the usual) that has two languages on the same pages (mixing English and Korean)

I think every modern web editing app will create pages in UTF-8 encoding, which is what is required to have multiple languages on the same page. As long as what is on the page is created by the author, you should have no problem. But things created by the app, like buttons to "make a comment" could be a different issue.

Unicode/multilingual alternative to iWeb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.