Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my macbook pro suddenly disconnect? Airport problem?

Why my macbook pro suddenly disconnect? Airport problem? What should I do?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 1:30 PM

6 replies

Jun 24, 2011 10:50 PM in response to CMCSK

Using a WiFi connection through a 3rd party router. My macbook pro has the last update for mac os snow leopard. I got other computer, running windows 7 at home, and rarely disconnects. I saw on Google that other people are having the same problem... They talk about something going wrong with the airport, but i think the best way to solve that kind of problem is looking for an answer here. So, is there any configuration on my router that I can solve that trouble? Any update for my airport? I don't know if it will help, but i got a macbook pro 15" i7 spring/2010.
I'm hoping for an answer. Thank's.

Jun 12, 2012 12:17 AM in response to dgpetersen

I have got the same problem .

Macbook Pro Os X 10.6.sonnmethng

2 weeks before macbook pro 13 decided to drop off my home wireless network. However , all other equipments such Windows 7 Lapotp , iphone 4s , Samsung galaxy S2 , Samsung Home theatre . Lg Blu ray player .works fine on the wireless. This macbook was working fine before .

I ahve already reset PRAm , have deleted files in system preferences , have deleted and readded Wireless networks, Have deleted keychain passwords for login and system related to the Wireless . Also, Wired ethernet works fine

All i am left with is too restore the laptop back to factory settings and never update it. Thsi is now starting to frustrate as i cant do any work from home.

I wish anyone from Apple actually looking at this post. Justto add , I work as a senior IT support for a MNC so i belieb pretty advanced user. Hope someone from Apple can explain why their notebooks soemtimes (usually after the software updates) failed to connec tto the same network where they were previously working fine.

Thanks

Jun 12, 2012 12:31 AM in response to Apurv_Rohatgi

Change your router channel. Sometimes this is all you will have to do.

Power cycling the router. Read the router's user manual or contact their tech support for instructions.

System Preferences/Internet & Network/Network

Unlock the padlock

Locations: Automatic

Highlight Airport

Click the Assist Me button

In the popup window click the Diagnostic button.

System Preferences/Network- Unlock padlock. Highlight Airport. Network Name-select your name. Click on the Advanced button. Airport/Preferred Networks-delete all that is not your network.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined." Click the OK button and lock the padlock. Restart your computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1920 Mac OS: How to release and renew a DHCP lease

No internet connection (wireless)

Check to see if an extra entry is present in the DNS Tab for your wireless connection (System Preferences/Network/Airport/Advanced/DNS).

Delete all extra entries that you find.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined."

Other resources to check into:

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues in OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6

Netspot

How to diagnose and resolve Wi-Fi slow-downs

Pv6 troubleshooting

Mac OS X 10.6 Help: Solving problems with connecting to the Internet

What Affects Wireless Internet?

Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting

wish anyone from Apple actually looking at this post.

Hope someone from Apple can explain why their notebooks soemtimes (usually after the software updates) failed to connec tto the same network where they were previously working fine.

No one here works for Apple nor does Apple visit this message board. We are all end users like yourself helping each other out.

10.6.sonnmethng

Apple/About This Mac - window will tell you exactly which version os you have installed.

I work as a senior IT support for a MNC

I gather spelling is not part of your job description?

User uploaded file

Jun 12, 2012 1:08 AM in response to dgpetersen

Thanks for the tips

below are the following i have already done

1. Recycling router. this has been done atleast done 20 times

2. Router channel : Already changed channels from auto to 6,9,11

3.Already done the system preferences part suggested. Already deleted all the files under system preferences folder in the library of MacBook.

this reset all the airport, ethernet, firewire, Bluetooth configuration after a restart.

4. Have re done airport connections as suggested in the post above

5.deleted all DNs entries

In short i have done 2 weeks of troubleshooting which has covered the suggestions above.

Now here is the catch :

It works fine on my mate network with open security.

airport works on my network until the laptop does not go on sleep. after wake up i have to Redo entire connection on MacBook

I have got wpa 2 security on the router.

Works flawless if there is no security on my router.

i am guessing its some update for airport which inns causing it to forget the network on going to sleep

Jun 12, 2012 1:21 AM in response to Apurv_Rohatgi

Already changed channels from auto to 6,9,11

What about 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10?

i am guessing its some update for airport

If using one of Apple's airports, use Software Update. Also, cross post in the Airport forum area.

If using a 3rd party router, contact the manufacturer or read its user manual-troubleshooting section if it has one.

User uploaded file

Why my macbook pro suddenly disconnect? Airport problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.