Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Finder Slideshow

Hey peoples!

I was wondering if there was an easy way to get a slideshow in FINDER.

I select all my pictures, then i go to file and there is no slideshow option, however I type "Slideshow" into the Help Menu of Finder and THERE IT IS! The slideshow option in the File Menu! It replaced the "Quick Look Option" .

So once again, I was wondering If there is an easy way to bypass all of these steps to make it easier? Like a key shortcut or something...?

Thanks 🙂x

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 1:29 PM

ok, just answered my question! it's OPTION + CMD + Y

,,, but is there a way to get this in the menu without typing it into help all the time?

8 replies

Dec 19, 2016 3:44 PM in response to christopher rigby1

I see the problem. I have pictures stored in sub-folders like this:

Kindergarten Party

DSC00345.jpg

Summer

DSC00458.jpg

Winter

DSC2344.jpg

Oregon Trip

DSC0011.mov

DSC2345.jpg

When I select individual pictures it works, BUT when I select folders it does not search recursively for pictures *inside* the folders. I believe this worked in past versions of OS X. I am running Sierra 10.12.

Is there a way to create a slideshow by selecting a folder with pictures inside?

Thank you for your help!

Dec 21, 2016 6:39 AM in response to Jeffrey Jones2

Touche: thank you; the List View disclosure triangle works to select pictures in different subfolders. However, it does not create a randomly-ordered slideshow.

Can the slideshow select photos at random, rather than using the order defined by Finder? I really need a random slideshow.

I believe this was possible in earlier versions of OS X. I am running Sierra 10.12.

Thanks for your help.

The Finder Slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.