Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.8 Server Update Broke WebDAV

I've searched on this and seen nothing. I upgraded my SLS to 10.6.8 a couple of days ago and everything seemed to go well. However I started getting authentication problems with WebDAV. This WebDAV server has been working faultlessly for months, immediately after the upgrade we began getting authentication errors.

The Webdav access is managed by a realm and a single group has read and write access. Since the upgrade when trying to access the WebDAV it asks for your credentials and then simply asks for them again, and again, and again...

Any similar experiences or any thoughts?

When I first set up WebDAV I found it incredibly buggy. Having finally got it going it works well - then this!

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 4:01 PM

8 replies

Jun 29, 2011 6:32 PM in response to Pelorus1

I experienced the same problem. After checking the auth_digest_apple_module as suggested, I was able to access my WebDAV folders through GoodReader on my iPhone, which I wasn't able to do before.

However, I am still having trouble from my MacBook running 10.6.8. When I try to connect via the Finder, it says "there was an error connecting to the server" and it keeps asking for my password. Using Transmit on my MacBook, I get "Digest mutual authentication failure: request-digest mismatch"

I am trying to use digest authentication, obviously. I could switch to basic, but I am uncomfortable with sending passwords in cleartext. However, I am running SSL, so is digest even still important in that case?

Any ideas?

10.6.8 Server Update Broke WebDAV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.