1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2011 5:25 PM by Dark Heart
Dark Heart Level 1 (35 points)



I've recently deployed 7 iPads in the corporate office and I'm having 2 issues with regards to Delegates Accepting Meeting requests.


1 Delegate can logon to Outlook OWA via Safari browser - yet discovered a limitation; OWA in Safari loads with the "Light" version. I figured the resolution would be to use a browser like Atomic which allows for User Agent String modification to mimic Internet Explorer 6+.


My main issue I'm tasked to resolve - unfortunately which has no documentation - is to have 2 delegates have access to manage Calendar appointments for their Managers.



* Managers (2 separate managers - each have only 1 delagate)

* Delegates have either full or author permissions from their managers

- one Delegate receives the meeting invite ONLY while her manager doesn't see them.

* No issues accessing calendar or mailbox in Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2007.

* iPad 2 64GB 3G/WiFi models are all being used.

* 1 manager & his delegate each have: iPad 2, WinXP Laptop with Outlook 2007, and Blackberry via BES.

- in particular his delegate has both her own exchange account & her managers account.

* ALL users that have iPads are using exchange webmail settings - since I'm unsure the proper way to state the server.



The Delegate that has her & her managers Exchange account on the iPad is the one that receives all Calendar invites (and her manager does NOT see them). She can receive the email in Mail on the iPad, we tap on the attachment icon for Calendar and we can select "Accept"/'Deny". The pop-up that shows the Meeting details shows its already accepted - for which in Calendar it shows as a light barf-coloured green (almost as if tentative) - yet we cannot actually "Accept" the Meeting request. Click on "Accept" only results in the error "Could not process the meeting request". Oddly enough we CAN "Deny" the Meeting. When trying to go directly into Calendar - same thing occurs. We've tried sending the meeting request from Outlook to the Manager, from Blackberry, even from another iPad user - same results.


Has anyone solved this?


PS: I've tried adding the Exchange server during setup on WLAN which fails, and iPad has NO application restrictions.


Any help or feedback would be MOST appreciated.

  • Dark Heart Level 1 (35 points)

    The error when trying to accept the appointment is:

    "*Calendar Invitation*

    Your response to the invitation cannot be sent."


    Looks like other threads, now archived, show the SAME issue and its OS 4.3.2

    Unable to send accept Meeting Requests as delegate


    Exchange 2007 Calendar Meeting Organiser Changes



    a. Invitation sent and accepted in Outlook – OK

    b. Invitation sent and accepted by delegate in Outlook – OK

    c. Invitation sent and accepted on the iPad – Not OK, transposes Organiser with iPad Owner in Outlook (OK on the iPad though!)

    d. Invitation sent (from Outlook/BB) and denied on iPad by Delegate (with or without the boss' Exchange account also on the iPad) and successful.

    (PS: I can book meeting rooms without issue on the delegates' iPad).


    I have no doubt this is related on to the corporate OWA being used during setup on the iPad.