Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security code???

just purchased ipad and keeps asking to verify my itunes account because im using another device requesting a security code???I have downloads waiting however cannot access because of this !!

iPad 2, Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 7:42 PM

9 replies

Nov 24, 2011 11:47 AM in response to dl56

I have had my Ipod for over a year now and have had the same bank card on file since...however this is the first time the security code issue has happened to me...how was it resolved for you? I have gone in the the account info multiple times and taken out my card/security code info and re entered it....each time i receive the same "security code invalid" rejection. Help~Im starting to get real frustrated with something that should be an easy fix!

Jan 31, 2012 6:36 AM in response to dl56

If the iTunes Store is asking for a security code, that basically means there's something between the bank and the iTunes Store's servers that is blocking the information from getting to either side. Its either an issue with the bank's servers or any third party verification service they use (you can ask your bank to check this out as they normally don't unless you ask), or with the iTunes Store.

* If it's the bank (which is the more likely reason), you need to call them so they can check on their end.

* If it's the iTunes Store it's more likely an issue with the address on your account - just make sure it matches the info on the USPS website http://www.usps.com (matches, meaning this includes the capitalizations, the abbreviations, spellings even punctuation.)

*If things don't work out, just remove and re-add your credit card and everything should be good.

Sep 2, 2012 12:08 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Well, from user to users, I too am disappointed with the sudden/random disruption in my iTunes purchase access after over a year with this same billing information attached to my account. My billing information is linked to a card, which has been the exact same unchanged information for over a year now. The only time I've been prevented from purchasing music from iTunes was when my account was deficient, and sometimes that didn't even stop the transaction from finalizing. So, on a night like TONIGHT when I'm really jonesing for some new jams while I work, I'm curious to know why I'm left to vent HERE. It's frustrating. There's nothing more arrogant than a company giving you a hard time when you're trying to PURCHASE their product. Give me a break.

I'd think Apple support staff would be interested patrolling these discussions...wouldn't you? Alas, my tiresome investigation (exceeding well over an hour now) has produced no substantial acknowledgment of this issue on behalf of Apple--an issue which appears to be relatively common among Visa debit card users in this 'user to user' forum. If this is a common issue among any group of iTunes customers, it's worth looking into and thus providing a few solutions or at the very least acknowledging the error with more than "Yo, faithful iMac/iPad/iPhone/iTunes client, you got invalid info. Sorry. [red font because it's your fault until you can get us on the phone when we wake up at 11ish]"

Did anyone else notice that there are no hours of operation attributed to these 1(800) My-APPLE phone lines you can call for tech support? I guess they suppose the rest of the world starts their work-day at 11 a.m., too?
I'll look forward to THAT phone call in 8 hours. Nice.

security code???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.