Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win 7 iTunes 10.3.1.55 sync problems with ipod touch - shows correct song count, incorrect storage required and incomplete download of content?? Is there a fix?

As the title shows - updated iTunes to 10.3.1.55 for Win 7 64 bit version. Initial sync screwed up my music already synced to my iPod Touch by removing many of the songs. Goofing with it since (including reseting my iPod, removing all music and play lists, ...) I've seen the following.

Selecting a playlist in iTunes to sync to the iPod results in the correct song count to be downloaded BUT the memory required show at the bottom of the sync screen in iTunes DOES NOT accurately reflect the anticipated amount of iPod memory required and the subsequent sync may only push 1 or 2 songs per playlist instead of the 69 or other higher number in the actual playlist in iTunes.

The playlists in iTunes continue to behave correctly - just seems the sync function is now broken in terms of actually taking the play list and then correctly allocating enough storage for the sync much less getting the actual content to the iPod. So it's not just a busted memory consumption gauge in iTunes but more systemic to the overall sync process.

Anyone else seen this or heard of a fix? Been like this since Apple pushed this version of iTunes to me and I haven't seen anyone/anything indicating this particular problem or fix.

Thanks in advance!

iPod touch, Windows 7, iTunes 10.3.1.55

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 9:10 PM

There are no replies.

Win 7 iTunes 10.3.1.55 sync problems with ipod touch - shows correct song count, incorrect storage required and incomplete download of content?? Is there a fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.