Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was running slow so I turned it off. The circular loading sign came up and has been doing that for about 12 minutes now. What can I do because it won't load or turn off or on or do anything?

I am really worried about this problem. I just got my iPad 2 a week or so ago. I am out of town right now so I cannot connect my iPad to my computer. I will be able to connect it on Tuesday. Should I take it by an Apple or Best Buy store? I bought it at best buy but I do not have a warrenty. Please let me know if you know what to do or if you have any tips or pointers. Thank you,

Bridgette

iPad 2, Mac OS X (10.6.7), iPad won't turn off..help!

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2011 11:39 PM

Have you tried a reset (you can then try turning it off again after it's restarted) ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds, after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

2 replies

My iPad was running slow so I turned it off. The circular loading sign came up and has been doing that for about 12 minutes now. What can I do because it won't load or turn off or on or do anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.