Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get video inside text in FCP X?

I am having trouble finding the appropriate blend mode (composting) in V2 with any of the provided Titles mattes. Please Help 🙂 I think in FCP 7 you could do it using the text generators and then applying the "travel Matte Alpha" to the video in V2.

Final Cut Pro X-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 9:35 AM

Stack the test on top of the clip then use Compositing -> Blend Mode -> Stencil Alpha

5 replies

Jun 25, 2011 12:12 PM in response to Daniel Slagle

First of all Thank You! This answered worked like a charm. On a side note, I have been going crazy with this because no matter what combination I tried ( and I tried every single combination and permutation!) it wouldn't work......so I did the tried and true...turned everything off and restarted it and all of the sudden it started working. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have even asked the question. It was driving me crazy....so in a long winded way......THANK YOU!

How do you get video inside text in FCP X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.